Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: December 2011 - Snow and Christmas! , 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: December 2011 - Snow and Christmas!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of December 2011 - Snow and Christmas!
shortleaf wrote:
I'm gonna make quite a few of those if you wanna try another one, Pepper! Well, billyp, nice to see you again! Thanks billyp, but I think its too cold now to paint outside, so alas, I've procrastinated too long yet again!

You felt pumped after a flu shot billyp!? I want a flu shot there! Yeah, shady people skulk around I'm afraid! I can call the police as well as anybody, but I don't know if The Keystone Cops will be much help!

Grubworm gets very naughty indeed! She has charged Bucky several times and swung at him, but Bucky is twice as big as her. As soon as he swings back, she runs off. We don't encourage them to get in squabbles, one of these times Grubworm will likely get hurt or one of them will get relieved of an eye, Grubworm sneaks up on Bucky! He usually sees her, but she stalks him.

It is cold indeed, I'm kinda glad they took the snow out of the forecast, I think it's 100% chance of rain tomorrow, here is our 7 day forecast. - http://www.nbcactionnews.com/subindex/weather/forecast/7_day... . Rain I can do, I don't have new tires yet!

Thanks Sally, I hope those starts stay nice. There is several cats here, but that doesn't stop me from having houseplants. I know there are quite a few "poisonous to pets houseplants". Grubworm eats on that Wandering Jew regularly, it's probably one of them on the poisonous list, but it doesn't seem to faze her. I hung it from the ceiling but she stretches up there to eat on it. I try to keep the poisonous to pets ones out of their reach, but they always get to them and it never seems to faze them. I'm not trying to kill them or anything, I like the company of cats!

Thanks, I wish I was all the way over it, I feel okay but I still cough quite a bit, that part won't go away so fast! Mucus in my lungs seems to be hanging around too. It may be a week or so from now even before I'm back to the normal routine of robbing liquor stores and holding up banks in my Ronald Reagan mask, just a joke!

I did some raking today but I have a long way to go! I've filled I think 8 leaf sacks so far and I will prolly fill 40 or 50 before I'm done. The leaf stand thing in the photo is a big help. They were proud of that thing at the store, ($24.99) but I had to have it!