Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: December 2011 - Snow and Christmas! , 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

Subject: December 2011 - Snow and Christmas!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of December 2011 - Snow and Christmas!
shortleaf wrote:
I got some Wandering Jew (Judio Errante and Zebrina Pendula, they are all the same apparently, it has many names, they are all on the label!) starts to show! These 5 starts started out as cuttings Nov. 8th - http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=8882088 It was funny on these, they never even drooped or wilted before they started growing, they always looked encouraging! They are doing very well it seems. I plan on making a bunch of them. I put one of them in a plastic-lined weaved basket from Savers, it was bought there for 49 cents. I got happ's, anybody else want one? Or I could mail a cutting, I can do a stamp, no problem. They are SO pretty, they make an awesome houseplant, and they are hard to kill. If they're anything like the all purple Wandering Jews that I also have, they are very hardy indeed, and not just cold hardiness. They are very tolerant of neglect. I had to neglect a big pot of Wandering Jew Winter before last because I had nowhere to put it except in an unheated garage with no light, (very little light that peeked thru a window that was sealed off, the WJ leaned towards that little bit of sunlight, and it was enuff). I had to do four houseplants that way that Winter and only one other houseplant made it, a pot of Aloe Vera also. So, in a way this is "Show and Tell". For anybody that might not know what "Show and Tell" is, it was a thing in Grade school here where kids brought stuff from home to show the other kids! I don't know if they did that everywhere. Tell your kids not to take Dad's gun to school!
Will