Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Happenings in the Mid-Atlantic Forum#3, 1 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: Happenings in the Mid-Atlantic Forum#3

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Happenings in the Mid-Atlantic Forum#3
Gitagal wrote:
Jill

The Clivia I gave you already bloomed last winter--usually end of February-beg. of March.
More than likely, you will get one scape with blooms.
I think that little care-paper I gave you has very adequate information on it.
I got that from a customer who brought me his large Clivia to keep.
We had been talking about Clivias in garden. He said he had some...
He went home and came back with this big pot and gave it to me--along with the "How-To"
page that I also gave you.

My Clivias are sitting in the shop. If I remember--I keep the shop light above them on all day
and off at night. Mostly they are dry....Now and then I will water them a bit.
Yours should live, happily, in that pot for several more years. They like to be crowded....

Amaryllis???? I un-potted mine and they are all still sitting in a shallow box in the Shop.
One of the "pressing" must-do things....
The other is to separate all my rooted Brug cuttings and get them planted in individual pots.
Right now--I stuck 10-12 in a lg. pot. They are all growing--amazingly! I think they love
being under my grow-lights.
BUT--The most "must-do" thing today is to unload my big freezer downstairs--remove the back
panel inside and get rid of all the layer of ice that has collected on the bottom floor of it.
I really don't know what is causing this freezing up. Must try to, somehow, clean underneath
in case the coils are VERY dirty.
When the small hole freezes up--the water from the defrosting just collects below the basket in the bottom.
It takes a long time to sit there with a hair dryer blowing on the small troth that directs the water
into the itsy-bitsy hole which directs the water to the drip pan below the freezer.
Then--pouring very hot water down the little hole until it is thawed out and free to run again.

Then putting all my frozen stuff back in....UGH!!!!!!!

This is a huge, unpleasant job. Not looking forward to it. But--today is my first, totally free day in almost 2 weeks.
Must "bite the bullet".......

Here are my leafed out Brug cuttings....every one of them 'took".....
Hope many of you will want some next spring....
This is a multi-cutting pot of the pink Brug. It is such a massive, strong grower....