Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: November 2011 , 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: November 2011

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of November 2011
shortleaf wrote:
I did some Black Friday shopping and I didn't get any Black Friday deals but I got some real cheap houseplants. I got a photo of my 4 little plants and by little I mean quite small! Only one, the Fern, was 75 cents, the others were 50 cents apiece. Bucky decided to groom himself in the photo, sorry..lol I got that board there with the cherry finish to make a wall shelf. We need to find a place for some excess books that we got sitting around, as seen in a photo above.. lol The crowd is awful at Wally World. Boy, I think big, retail corporations are after every dollar, they musta had every employee there for Black Friday!
I did stand in line at Walmart to ask about 2 Goodyear tires, but ironically, they didn't have a deal in my tire size, which is odd, my tires aren't anything rare. If somebody got lucky tho, while the tire deals were still in stock,
they coulda got a heckuva deal, like $50 off per tire on even a 17" tire. I saw the list of deal tires, I couldn't believe 14" tires weren't even on it. I looked for the aide's car here too, they were out of 17" tires for her, and without a good price, they were $137 per tire. The deal 17" tires were 70 dollars something each, a big savings from regular, and decent tires, 50,000 mile Goodyears. I went to Lowes and was sorely disappointed in the garden center, there is NO plants, not even hardy ones, it's all Christmas trees. Well, except living Christmas Trees, Rosemary trees and Norfolk Island Pines, all dolled up with bows and stuff.