Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: November 2011 , 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: November 2011

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of November 2011
shortleaf wrote:
Hi happ, welcome back, it's nice to see you again, you lurker you! Eeek! Your lappie died?! Ohhh, hope you get it fixed, what a bummer! That old shed! I keep procrastinating on painting it! I bought an electric spray gun a few weeks ago and I admit I am afraid to learn how to use it for the first time! I bought a gallon of thinner because it has to be cleaned immediately after using it so it'll keep on working. The whole operation has me a bit intimidated! I'll do it eventually, I am shooting for later this week, they are saying 65° both Thursday and Friday so I'll see how that works out for painting! I got two big branches to go around part of it tho for landscaping so I can move forward with filling that area around the shed full of soil and plant hostas and stuff that I got, but I need to paint it first before I do the landscaping around it, oh, woe is me! There is so much to do and I hate to put things like that off again till next year. The shed is slated to be the same color as the house's brick-work, kinda an orangey/red. I'd be all for a lighter color too, but my friend picked out the orangey/red, if it don't get painted that color it'll be my backside! The shed is supposed to be close to this photo of the house's bricks. How do you like that old ladder's repaired white legs..lol!

I like your photos of your Brugs, happ, they are like porcelain in bloom. You oughta get a good photo of one and put it in a picture frame in your living room, seriously, they are gorgeous. Don't use regular printer paper tho, get photographic paper, it's more expensive but it is great for printing photos, be sure to use the glossy side. I've printed out several good photos of stuff and framed them in an 8 and a half by 11 frame.

Where'd everybody go? Did I run everybody off!?

That Independence airport was cool! I used to live straight North of it in East Independence about 3 miles and planes were always flying way up, it was neat seeing planes all the time, sometimes bi-planes and historic planes would fly over. I remember, it was a big thing in the news, in 1993 it was purchased by a real estate developer and closed in 1993. It is now a housing addition, there is no more airport, Independence doesn't have an airport now. I remember, I thought Independence was duped. My great uncle used to have a hangar there for his glider.
He'd go up all the time and stay afloat for hours, just gliding. He'd sometimes fly over our house and circle and tip his wings, but he couldn't stray far from the airport, it always looked like so much fun. It was only a single seater, I never got to go with him, but it sure looked like fun, I don't think I have that kind of bravado myself! I think I know what restaurant your talking about happ, it was known for it's pies, I think it was called "Lonely Oaks Restaurant" or "Lonesome Oaks Restaurant", something like that. There was 2 big Oak trees there, they are still there, but the restaurant is gone, I ate there one time long ago.