Orchids: November Orchid Blooms Make Us Thankful, 1 by MaypopLaurel

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright MaypopLaurel

In reply to: November Orchid Blooms Make Us Thankful

Forum: Orchids

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of November Orchid Blooms Make Us Thankful
MaypopLaurel wrote:
Elaine, Jim will tell you I am the worst enabler you can imagine. We visit the same three vendors each time but that should be off line because they are not necessarily always open to the public. There are places in the area you can cruise over to. I've not been to Odom but they used to be huge and we pass by their GHs every time we are there.

A note to all who have questions about growing...I'd be happy to try and answer culture questions when time allows. Please post questions as separate threads because it's difficult to read and remember (or go back to) everything on one thread. It may take a bit longer to get noticed by other posters but someone will be more likely to respond with advice if you post your questions as separate threads. Don't be nervous about throwing out questions even if you have experience. We have all been there. When posters ask questions in the monthly thread they tend to get lost in the incoming posts but if it's their own thread they are free standing until answered. Also, making questions a separate thread helps folks locate information more readily. That said, TG is looming and everyone is probably a bit compromised for the next week. Thanks.

This is Vanda Manuvadee, a five generation hybrid, crossed with Fuch's Delight. Just starting to open but the flowers are coming on all at once. The Manuvadee is the purple/blue component and Fuch's Delight is more red.

This message was edited Nov 19, 2011 7:34 PM