Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Irises: Blooming Today..., 1 by cici77

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright cici77

In reply to: Blooming Today...

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Blooming Today...
cici77 wrote:
thanx melissa... well one bloomed in the bed already .. but the others havent... and the iris are on a mond in the middle of the bed ... there is a gopher hole right below them where i can see the very ends of their roots... so i would know how deep to go.. i was gonna take the rest of the dirt out around them and try to "slice" thru the mound they are on .. the dirt is real soft and not compacted... just water compacted.. i dont know if it would work but i figured the area is small enough to do thatif i chose.. knowing my luck though the gopher would be in that area and get trapped in the bed.. living the life of luxury with all the food of the new flowers i will put in it.. lol. its prob best just to take out as much of the dirt below the irises, so try not to disturb them.. here is the bed with the gopher in it... this is only one side, u can see the iris leaves in the background...