Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: fragrant peonies ?, 1 by billyporter

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright billyporter

In reply to: fragrant peonies ?

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of fragrant peonies ?
billyporter wrote:
Donna,
For a while there I kept phosphate on hand. Then I took a break from ordering flowers for a few years and am sure I'm out now. Next year I HOPE to get started lifting and improving the soil around the neediest plants first. Last year the weather didn't cooperate and everything got too big to deal with. Not to mention being ready to bloom. I didn't want to dig up then. AND, my compost pile was sooo added to, it never had time to break down. Next year I hope to see some wonderful new dirt!

Kathy,
That gave me the biggest grin! You boldly went where I would like to go! Oh, the blooms will be wonderful! You would have a good business in cut flowers, but I agree, you cut the bouquets yourself. A Farmer's Market is the place to sell. DD's MIL would cut small sunflowers, from the sunflower seed kind, and people bought all she brought. Country Gardens sells Glads. He keeps them in buckets of water and has a successful Market spot too.

Awesome pictures! The first is so serene! The second dizzying!

My compost pile this fall. The plant is catnip. I was going to pull it till I saw how much the bees liked it. It's almost too potent for my cats. One almost gets sick after a little of it.