Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 98, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 98

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 98
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone.
A nice cool morning here. Overcast with storms forecast. I want the rain but no storms thank you.
I cleaned all the irises up yesterday. Still a lot of flowers but looks a lot barer now the dead and dying flowers are gone.
Had a couple of local ladies come up to see the garden. They loved it and lots of oohing and aahing but they didnt buy anything.

Anthony, I have a lilium out.
I didnt see it because it is s o short. I will get a pic later . Not sure if it has a name or not until I get in to look.

Glad you enjoyed your day Karen. Nice to have a small celebration with friends and family.

Teresa, your peonies are beautiful. I once tried some here but they didnt like it and died.
Now I just enjoy looking at them in other gardens.

Chrissy, I am not fond of spiders but we get the orbies in summer here and they are very considerate. They usually clean up their webs by morning so one is not running into them. We have so many other tiny spiders around lately who leave their webs ( and themselves) right out across paths etc.
At least they arent big enough to harm anyone but it is annoying having web and tiny spiders hanging off you around the place. I dont know how many I have carried inside on my hair or cardigan.

Hello Kat. Been feeding those turkeys again havent you ? Pity they wont eat fenceman.

Hello Charleen, Moon, Louise Elaine and Colleen.

I am off to plant a couple of salvias . I am putting them all around the bases of the brugs I have in the ground. Makes the place look nicer instead of just a lot of trunks. .

Hope you are all enjoying the weekend and have some lovely weather.

Heres a tasty treat for morning tea.... Passionfruit Buttercake.

Happy day.
Jean.