Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Orchids: November Orchid Blooms Make Us Thankful, 1 by SCBegoniaGuy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright SCBegoniaGuy

In reply to: November Orchid Blooms Make Us Thankful

Forum: Orchids

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of November Orchid Blooms Make Us Thankful
SCBegoniaGuy wrote:
Since this thread has been very quiet, so I'll re-post the progress with one of my dendrobiums. This is Den. Woon Leng 'Chaophray,' and I assume it's a hybrid from Thailand, as the Chao Phraya river basin is there. Thailand certainly has bragging rights for their orchids. This is the 3rd spike on so few pseudobulbs, and you'll see a 4th coming up still. My green dendrobium should start opening buds on several spikes in the next few days, too.

I've been lurking in the background, enjoying everybody's posts this month.

Jim, you've got a great dendrobium collection! I've bought a couple more this year. They're very reliable...but I'm confused as to why these "high light" orchids are blooming for me, while my cattleyas have not a single sheath so far this year.

Laurel, your close-up photos definitely show the charm of those tiny rareties you grow. It's always hard for me to get photographs so closely, too.

We had our first freeze last night, so the last of the plants are indoors. I can no longer maneuver through my house without swinging from a vine. :o|

Thanks for sharing, Everybody...