Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: What's doin in your neck of the woods today? Fall 2011, 1 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: What's doin in your neck of the woods today? Fall 2011

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What's doin in your neck of the woods today?  Fall 2011
Gitagal wrote:
If I remember--the two week wait was always advocated by Allan Summers.
He used to have a Radio show here on sat. mornings 7-9AM. I would get up just to listen to him.

He was extremely knowledgeable--and a absorbed it all like a sponge to the point when a caller
would ask a question--I already knew what Allan would say in reply.

I dug up my neighbor's two HUGE Canna clumps. I could hardly lift them.
These are the same as the picture I posted above--the bright orange with the huge, green leaves.
I have no answer about the two week rule....Dig yours up whenever you want to.
in my gut I still think it has something to do with the roots "plumping up"....

Split some of the roots off to share with my other neighbor and will take several to Donn on Friday.
It is his last day in our store. He, and a couple of the ASM's are all leaving the same week.

It is the "BIG switch". Happens now and then. Only one ASM is staying. All else will be new people.
in charge. I hate it--but that is the HD way....I will miss Donn a lot. Now he will have to be on his own with all
his Gardening and plants. He has the info. in that Album I put together for him--he just does not use it....

Donn is going to be SM at Glasgow, DE. He will have his hands full. Even he said the store is horrible.
That is just thew kind of a challenge Donn needs. Gives his life a lot of purpose.
It is also ONLY 17mi. from his house. For the 4 years he has been our SM--he has been driving
100mi round trip every day. We all know he is tired of that!

OK! I sure meandered all over the place---again.....But it is OK on THIS Thread!
Here is another picture of my neighbor's massive Cannas...

Gita