Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Burning Pickle Patio - Gathering to Chat, 1 by haighr

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright haighr

In reply to: Burning Pickle Patio - Gathering to Chat

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Burning Pickle Patio - Gathering to Chat
haighr wrote:
So very happy to meet you and by all means come sit and chat. We have had years and years of fun at the patio and previously in what we called the "Flowerpot Cafe". You should check out some of those threads, they are a hoot!
The story behind the Burning Pickle is ... I decided to do a painting one day to hang on our wall of the patio. I wanted to paint a bird of paradise, but when I finished and stood back it looked more to me like a burning pickle! So I posted the photo on another thread and the consensus was to make the name of the patio the Burning Pickle!
I just retired in February and have been gardening for a number of years. I love to have fresh flowers inside and out and have a knack for arranging. I guess folks would say I am a bit "artsy fartsy"!
My husband Steve and I like to travel when we can afford to (more difficult now that we are retired) and we love to do woodworking and be outside. We make everything from wood works of art in barnwood frames to adirondack chairs and arbors.
Sounds like your mom and I would have loved sitting together in the cafe and sharing our photos of arrangements. I also have quite a collection of shells that we have on our "Isle of Dreams".
http://haigh.phanfare.com/4627454
As you can see, I get some "wild" ideas!
Here is a little something for the patio!
Have a great day my friend,
Candee