Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Hardy seeds to sow outdoors in late fall ?, 1 by warriorswisdomkathy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright warriorswisdomkathy

In reply to: Hardy seeds to sow outdoors in late fall ?

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Hardy seeds to sow outdoors in late fall ?
warriorswisdomkathy wrote:
carolyn22...yes both can reseed out doors. Ooops, depends on the variety of Nicotiana. I have had n. sandersae reseed, tho not sylvestris. Those are the only 2 nicotianas I've grown, and both are yummmmy! I've also had Datura meteloides, Veronica spicata, Linum perenne, Hesperis matronalis, Dracocephalum (annual not sure if imberbe or moldavicum (keep thinking I need to look that one up), Verbascum phoenicium. Ocassionally Veronica spicata,, Penstemon mexicalii and strictus, Echinacea, Gypsophila repens, Salvia nemerosa and guarantica, Ammi visagna and majus, Lavendula munsted, Scabiosa ochulara, Osteospurmum Orange and yellow annual, Delphinium grandiflorum, Dianthus deltoides Zing, Phlox paniculata, Foeniculum vulgare, Centaurea montana and m. alba, machrocephala and phygria, Epalobium angustifolium, Centranthus ruber, Catanche caerulea, Agastache Blue Fortune, Digitalis purpurea, Lupin regalis, Salvia horminum Claryssa, Ratibida columnifera, Knautia macedonica, Monarda lambada, Physostegia virginiana, Daucus carota, Daisy Becky. Of the above plants, most were origonally grown indoors under light and after maturing found that these were varieies that also started in the garden on their own. Now I use my extra babies to make blocks of color in the border and also for trades. Pix is centaurea phygria (looks almost like thisle but is soft foliage and great cut. Kathy.