Central Midwest Gardening: November 2011 , 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: November 2011

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of November 2011
shortleaf wrote:
Oh I got rocks alright! Here is my small car haul! You're not with the rock police are you, happ?! And besides, I'm beautifying the roads with my pilfering!

I've been emailing the realtor about that house, the buyer's agent sounds alright, but the listing agent sounds like a real peach. He or she says they didn't think that house is on the historical registry, when indeed it is.
And she/he says that's not vinyl siding, I'm pretty sure it is. Most realtors are so self-convinced that potential buyers will try anything or make up bad stuff about a property to get it cheaper that they won't even consider something like the siding isn't appropriate for a historic home. In the second email to the buyer's agent, (I'm sure he is sharing with the listing agent) I posted links and photos establishing the facts, I haven't heard back.
But I'm guessing their in quite a tizzy now. For one, I mentioned how the city could require that a new owner recover the original siding. I was polite and everything, it is a little disappointing all the "updating" that has been done to this 141 year old home. I've told them that I'm not even interested in buying the house at this time. I told them it looks like a dollhouse now, it does, I'm pretty sure it's because of that nasty shiny siding, of course I didn't say nasty!