Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bettydee

In reply to: Brugs, before I dug them up

Forum: Tropicals & Tender Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Brugs, before I dug them up
bettydee wrote:
Elizabeth,
Removing the leaves and flowers is for the convenience sake. If you don't mind sweeping up leaves and flowers as they fall, you can leave them on and joy what blooms decide to open. Thank you and Debra for the much appreciated offer. Let me sort through the pile of "dead Brugs" labels first. Right now, I've got my ranch helper, David, running around in several directions. All top priority and I have to lend a hand for some of those chores.

Poor David. I've asked him to insulate the new shed so our filtration system can be installed before we move into the house. We can't use the water as it is from the well — tested out at 2300 ppm of dissolved salts and minerals. We'd get salt poisoning. I have about 20 pots that need to go into the greenhouse before tomorrow night before the temperature is drops close to freezing. I need the bull pen cleared of fallen branches. I had to place the bull in it before I anticipated and I don't want him to injure his hooves. Rex has to be in top shape by the end of December because he is going to be a busy boy. He's our new bull and he has to earn his keep. All but one of my cows were already pregnant when I bought him, but he was a bargain because his former owner decided to switch from register Angus to Brangus cattle and had no need of him. Hay has to be put out. Have to sort through the pile of limestone because I want to keep the good pieces for a retaining wall, but the builder needs to take away the dross pile.

One of the few photos I have of Winston, the tuxedo cat, and Lucky, the tiger stripe, together. They just couldn't resist the flannel sheets this past winter. No box for Winston that day.