Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: fragrant peonies ?, 1 by warriorswisdomkathy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright warriorswisdomkathy

In reply to: fragrant peonies ?

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of fragrant peonies ?
warriorswisdomkathy wrote:
Thanks evelyn and chantell, I can't take credit for that pix, is from my daughter's collection. When I'm babysitting grandkids and on their puter I just go into their pix and pick one, lol. Guess thats cheating, lol. My pix are mostly of flowers and since they don't have any pix of theirs I use the mountain photos. But the mountain pix are from all over colorado, so don't know specifically which mt is which. .... Dabney..where I grew up in S.D. they had 5 miles of lilacs planted in at a recreational camping site. The house I grew up at had a perfect view, and the fragrance in the spring was absolutely equisite. (the hedgerow also contained Russian Olive trees and the fragrance of those is also spectacular) .....Billy.. Had a tractor and have a rototiller to break up the ground, was a field of wild grasses, wild roses and other yuck (w**ds). If I had to have dug all those holes I'd be planting only a few plants every year. And by the way I am still fighting some of those things, trying to claim the ground. One thing I have found is if having to dig make sure the ground is moist and it cuts down on the work. Oh ya Dabney..am I guessing correctly..the flowers are cut first and then laid on the lard? Always wondered how to capture that fragrance, especially of peonies. Will be several years before I can do much with either my lilacs or peonies as they are small plants,(whips on the lilacs and 3 eyes on the peonies, lol. One of the other spring fragrances I just love is lily of the valley, how is that made into perfume? Snowing here tonight, talk is a blizzard is moving thru, I'd be happy to share, any takers? lol. Kathy.