Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: JBs Favorite Fragrant Plants, 1 by JBerger

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright JBerger

In reply to: JBs Favorite Fragrant Plants

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of JBs Favorite Fragrant Plants
JBerger wrote:
Hi Chantell, I am feeling much better thank you for asking.

The 'Diamond's Fragrant Delight" is hardy in Zone 8. Takes full or partial sun and 60 deg. is the magic number.
Of course, mine is indoors all winter but it loves the GH. It is still blooming and its fragrance takes over the entire greenhouse. You would love it. It is a soft sweet aroma...........I can smell it now. Logees has it for $19.99 in a 4" pot and it is a fast grower. It is not a bushy plant, in fact it has an ugly look about it but the blooms make up for everything else.

Funny you should write today. I thought about you this morning when I got up and the African Gardenia was full bloom again. Here she is. What a wonderful plant. It is hardy for Zone 10 or higher so that one is not a good one for your garden. Here it the beauty. She blooms constantly but really about every two months it just gets full of blooms. The one I had thought was dying has new growth at the bottom and at the top of a 12 inch stem it has a few little leaves and God Forbid, Buds. LOL

Keep in touch.