Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropicals & Tender Perennials: Tropical Garden #112, 1 by joeswife

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright joeswife

In reply to: Tropical Garden #112

Forum: Tropicals & Tender Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Tropical Garden #112
joeswife wrote:
those ti's are so pretty.. I don't know if I have one of those or if I have even tried one, ,, hmm,, I think I saw some really pretty bright hot pink ones at wally world earlier this year, but decided not to try them.

I really like the 150 watt full spectrum bulb with 1600 lumins for spot ighting in the colder drafty corners.. it off sets the cold air coming in from the cracks I havn't gotten sealed yet around the window wells.. I keep trying to get that done, here is hoping.

I like the daylight cfls in the 40 100 and 150 watts with very high lumins in the lower areas of the plants to give the lower branches and leaves some bright light, and I love the mid day bulbs in 100 watt with 1800 lumins , hard to find, but I love it when I find them. Perfect for the brugs.

the taller things get light from south and east windows in addition to the extra lights, and I have three grow tubes on the walls with mirrors to reflect it all. It seems to work, but really can't wait for the 4 bulb 48 inch grow shop light my older daughter is giving me.
Joe makes sure his favorites have their "own" light.