Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropicals & Tender Perennials: Tropical Garden #112, 1 by dyzzypyxxy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright dyzzypyxxy

In reply to: Tropical Garden #112

Forum: Tropicals & Tender Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Tropical Garden #112
dyzzypyxxy wrote:
Deb, your hibiscus flowers are gorgeous. They glow on their own. I wonder if there is a gadget available to measure luminosity? Sure would be handy for those of us using grow lights!

Kay, LoL! Not much danger of the county digging up that ditch - they dug along the other side of the street last spring, and that is the first time I've seen them do it in 4 years! Yes, those EE's are in the right-of-way, I know. Around here, anything within 12ft. of the road is public property, but . . well . . if somebody plants something on that public property I wouldn't just go and help myself. I have two flower beds out there by the road, and I sure hope people won't take my plants out of them! It looks like the EE's were planted on purpose, (possibly by a former tenant) since that's the only clump I've seen close by. So, I will ask, if only for the sake of good will to my neighbor.

Here's a shot of my 'Shooting Star' clerodendrons that I groused about all winter. That's the corner of the roof in the upper left of the pic, so they are at least 10ft. tall. No sign of a flower, though! Maybe if winter is warmer this year??