Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropicals & Tender Perennials: Tropical Garden #112, 1 by candela

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright candela

In reply to: Tropical Garden #112

Forum: Tropicals & Tender Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Tropical Garden #112
candela wrote:
gordon i have had dragonfruit for a couple of years. one was an unknown cutting from someone, the other is a physical graffitti cutting from a guy i work with. i planted them in a huge pot with rolled up fencing as support. as you can see they are sagging down now from lack of support now. they haven t fruited yet. i was told that once they reach 5 or 6 ft. they should fruit. they are at least that height now. the physical graffitti is a self pollinating one. i am not really sure about cold tolerance since i live in miami. if it gets really cold here. (below 50) i put all my potted plants inside a pergola and cover with moving quilts. i think that even though they are a cactus, they seem to be more of a tropical cactus, (if that makes sense). they need quite a bit of sun which is hard to come by in my yard. maybe this is why they haven t fruited yet. i fertilize with osmocote and everyonce in awhile some orchid fertilizer if i remember.