Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Irises: Another person with NoIDs for postage, 1 by redslab

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright redslab

Subject: Another person with NoIDs for postage

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Another person with NoIDs for postage
redslab wrote:
Hello,

I am new here, so I might not do everything correctly.

I moved to Texas early into the summer. My new backyard has a bazillion irises - eight large beds; packed with rhizomes. I really like plants, but this is my first experience with irises. I would love to see what colors I have, but my young dogs don't quite get the idea of not trampling, nibbling, or rolling on irises, and the beds are right in the chase each other path. I understand Fall is the time to transplant irises, so I'd like to offer them up to someone who likes them and has a "calmer" back yard.

I'd be happy to ship them to you for postage - paid after receipt. I can do paypal or check snail mail. Whatever works for you.

I'm new at this, so tell me how to send them to you...i.e. bleach dip? trim the fan? pack the box full or leave plenty of airspace? treat them like they are fragile? Make sure not to break any leaves? separate ones from different beds? Do you want them by the pound or number?

There are a lot! 10' diameter bed, 20' x 3', two odd shaped ones about 10' long, some 3'x 3' squares. I am guessing they were divided by color.... but have no proof.

Local pickup would be great. I live in the central area of Dallas/ Fort Worth, Texas.

I will try to figure out how to answer dmail...since I guessing that is how you will send me your information/ interest...(?)

Is there a portion of this website that I can use to identify a plant? There are some tuberous fall blooming plant mixed in with one bed, and I'd like to know what I am working with and how to care for it and replant it. ( I can't seem to post more than 1 picture)

Thanks!

This message was edited Oct 19, 2011 7:40 PM