Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: October is Just Beautiful in The Ggarden!, 1 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: October is Just Beautiful in The Ggarden!

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of October is Just Beautiful in The Ggarden!
Gitagal wrote:
Sally---

Your Brug is what I had before the pink one I now have--and, YES!--that was a Rose Souvelons.
Gave the original one away to the Cylburn Arboretum along with my "monster" Maya in 2009 (??).

Then I acquired another pink one. This one is a deeper pink and grows more upright.
As far as I know--it is a NOID. That is what I have now.

This one was the first that Chantelle gave me labeled as a Dr. Seuss...She new I was dying to have another one...
It grew and grew the 1st year--but when it finally bloomed outside--it was the pale pink Rose Souvelons.

Then Chantelle brought me another Brug. Well rooted---big---and it was also labeled as a Dr; Seuss.
I was sooo excited! Then--this one grew and grew tall and straight as a cutting and ended up being my NOID.
She had gotten this one from someone in FL that was "for sure" to be a Dr. Seuss. Good sized plant!

It grew and grew--and, it also turned out to be mis-labeled--and is the deeper, tall NOID pink Brug I now have.
This one is a robust grower and a good bloomer--just NOT this year!
I DO think Brugs hate heat--the kind of temps we have had this summer...That is why, in October,
they go bonkers with blooming...The cooler temps suit them better....

That is why I went back to my "elderly" friend and asked for a cutting of the Dr. Seuss I had given her 2-3 years earlier.

Here is the pink one I now have.....It is unique in that--the forming buds are yellow--and open to a milky white--
and then turn pink by the next morning. Very interesting!

Here is the Rose Souvelons I had--what is unique about these blooms is the "gentle ribbing" you see inside the bloom.