Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: #12 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners , 1 by Sansai87

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Sansai87

In reply to: #12 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of #12 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners
Sansai87 wrote:
MK says she is in the same situation as Carrie. Carrie writes in her author’s intro that she is striving to be more humble as she ages. MK has bucked herself down from “Garden Goddess” to “Green Queen.” Of course, she reminds me her Queendom is much larger than mine. :-)
PJ is the reigning Office Oman and Potentate of the Porch. If he doesn’t get his weight under control, however, he is going to look more like Jabba, the Hutt. His doctor tells him to stop trying to eat the pain away. It only makes things worse. But, the temptation to try is still there. I’m just the voice of his better judgment. Like Jiminy Cricket with a big wooden spoon.
Carrie, you should check out Barcelona’s botanical garden, if you have time and it is accessible. I’ve read it is stunning, but the totally awesome thing is that it was developed on the site of the city’s former rubbish heap. Well, I think that’s way cool. The city has many gardens that were the creations of the city’s past rulers, but it is Jardí Botŕnic de Barcelona that leaves a lasting impression. That is the public garden in Barcelona visitors most often post about anyway.I’m a desk chair tourist. Have fun.That’s the important thing to do.
Debra, I know MK would like ‘Candle in the Wind’, ‘Easy Ned’ or ‘Hyperion’, if any of those are still available. All are yellow and, at least, slightly fragrant. ‘Stars Over Alabama” is a given. (That’s the title of an old song, isn’t it?) PJ is going through your daylily spreadsheet again as I write. I guess he is planning to re-send the spread sheet with some notes. Sorry, this is a busy time of year for us. All the fall bulbs are in now, except for my hyacinths. There are some scraps of screen in the salvage pile leftover from when we walled in the back porch. Maybe, that would work to protect them. As an insurance policy, I could put some in a raised, sniff level bed in the Fragrance Garden. Our local botanical garden will have its plant sale later this month. Things will begin quieting down after that until Feb.
The lantana/butterfly love story continues. ~Nadine~