Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tomatoes & Peppers: EVERGALADES CHERRY TOMATO! FACT OD FICTION?, 1 by Tplant

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Tplant

Subject: EVERGALADES CHERRY TOMATO! FACT OD FICTION?

Forum: Tomatoes & Peppers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of EVERGALADES CHERRY TOMATO! FACT OD FICTION?
Tplant wrote:
I never believed in the rumor of cherries being available in our 90-93 degree heat and when my grandson and DIL purchased a little pot with so-called Evergade Cherry tomato seed in mid July I just ignored it but then it started to grow and a month or so later had flowers that I thought would never pollinate afterall we were going through one of our hottest times of the year and no one grows tomatos now? Soon I started to see little green cherries in 90 degree heat but thought it will never happen.
Man, I couldn't be more wrong in a couple more weeks they started to go pink and I tasted one and didn't think much of it. They then started to get alittle more pinkish and I tasted one again and they were sweet as sugar but very tiny. I couldn't believe it? CHERRIES ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO POLLINSTE IN HIGH FLORIDA HEAT? I live ten miles south of the everglades and go there quite often including the interior and have never seen any tomato plants but have heard stories of such from the Seminole Indians of which I just went along with it.

This message was edited Oct 5, 2011 10:20 AM