Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Flowering in October 2011, 1 by cestrum_SEQ

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright cestrum_SEQ

In reply to: Flowering in October 2011

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Flowering in October 2011
cestrum_SEQ wrote:
That's also a pretty two-toned Salvia, Jean. I don't grow many of them because space is limited and I have other priorities. But they're the sort of plants that look spectacular grown in drifts, and you have the ideal garden in which to display them that way.

It's funny how sometimes you don't notice seeds on your plants until someone draws attention to them. I have friends who were born and bred here--gardeners, too--who never noticed that the frangipanes set seedpods. (This might be because they don't grow any themselves, although their neighbours all have them.) This photo of a tree full of seeds was taken in Brisbane several years ago.

I keep meaning to mention that not only are the flowers of Salvia 'Wendy's wish' fragrant, they retain that fragrance when they're dried--perhaps good flowers to use for those interested in distilling oils/perfumes from their plants ...

This message was edited Oct 4, 2011 10:08 AM