Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: September 2011-Hopefully cooler!!, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: September 2011-Hopefully cooler!!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of September 2011-Hopefully cooler!!
shortleaf wrote:
A good picture of me eh?! I don't think I'll be auditioning for any hand modeling jobs!! Haha!!
Dang, you guys are some anti-running-Bamboo folks! I made 6 pots of Bamboo out of the 4 I got, I cut 2 of the bigger ones in half so they'd fit in the pots. I wanted to get them in pots before they dried out.
I don't think I'll have any trouble containing these Bamboos. I might even have them mostly above ground in the big open bottomed container, that I'd close off the bottom and make it mostly above ground.
In the other one it'd be easier because it's entirely closed up. They both will probably be above ground so I can have them under control somewhat when the plastic breaks down or cracks or something.
In the photo is the 6, 4 in the bucket and the other 2 next to it.

I'll check out the Walmart paint. I might have to settle for painting it this Redwood Latex stain, that I've been kicking around for a few years. I remember I bought it back in the day because it was only $4.99!
To get green paint, it occurred to me that that would likely be a mix, which means $. I'm thinking to get a gallon of green paint I'll need to come up with about $20 or $25, which isn't synonymous with being frugal!

Thanks billyp, I hope the minor messes clean up fast!

Tonite, I also got 3 'Duke' Blueberry bushes planted.

The elderly lady here is funny again today. Apparently, somebody said they'd pray for her. She tells me, "They better get down on their own freaking knees and pray for their self!"! She tells me, "I don't think you can find a box with a toilet in it for $150!"!

That bed doesn't look too bad Pepper, maybe 20 minutes and you'll have it looking top-notch! Do you want some Bamboo by that foundation?!

Have a good time with you're grandkids, Sally!
I like the saying, "Nice guys finish last!"!
Will

This message was edited Sep 30, 2011 9:00 PM