Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: September 2011-Hopefully cooler!!, 1 by billyporter

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright billyporter

In reply to: September 2011-Hopefully cooler!!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of September 2011-Hopefully cooler!!
billyporter wrote:
42°/64° Sun and clouds mixed. Slight chance of an afternoon shower. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.

Happ, I love the idea of a hanging plant. It does seem a shame to waste the tall space :o)

I think your potting bench will turn out just fine!

I have to agree that I really like the trellis DH hung for me. It was his idea, to balance out the tall window.

Pepper, I'd never be able to overwinter in a pot unless I bury it. I hope your magnolia makes it. Oooh, I Googled her. How pretty, and down to zone 4! I bookmarked the page to read up on the "little Girl" trees.

My neighbor has beautiful Knock Out roses planted by a landscaping Co. I lost mine. It just dwindled down to nothing. What is our problem?

Will, weren't you digging a hole to put a hosta in? The shovel was stuck in the ground in the photo and you were saying you didn't want to crowd it. You might have switched to talking about another plant and I missed it.

Cracking up over myself. I scrolled back up to just re-read the post and I can't even find it. Let's just say I goofed, LOL!!

Zinnias give a lot back for the price of one package! I'm hoping the plant puts out a lor of seedheads. I'm hoping it also comes true to seed next year. I've never replanted zinnia seed before. Maybe I'll get enough plants going next year to share seed.

The JM would be a good Birthday present!

Isn't it nice to finally find a use for things that have been hanging around. I have a few things like that and next year, I have plans :o)

Love the speedwell in the mouth! I love the fish anyway :o)

Things look fine right now. I like the placement of the shrub.

It's Friday! It's also going to be chilly over the next few days. I hope to get out and keep moving plants.

The new bed that looks simple, but took a few days to plant, LOL! I need two more clematis for the trellis. All the Daylilies are short ones now. I have Lavender Hyssop at the back, magenta Phlox beside it, Siberian Iris in four chunks, fronted by the Daylilies, with two ''Marmalade'' Coral Bells in between. I hope the daylily foliage doesn't cover them.