Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: September 2011-Hopefully cooler!!, 1 by billyporter

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright billyporter

In reply to: September 2011-Hopefully cooler!!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of September 2011-Hopefully cooler!!
billyporter wrote:
Thanks Happ, it has a lot of blooms and I don't change too much in it.
My Rose Bed was like that. It seems like it was too hot to get in there till late summer and clean the darn thing out. I don't know what changed, LOL, but the obnoxious spurge is gone.
Laughing over your plant survival! What kind of tree is it?

Pepper, thanks!
Bit by bit it all gets done. I've been counting off chores. My big list is getting smaller too :o)
I hope your magnolia survives. I think they even take our zone, but maybe not the prettiest of them. What kind and how tall is it now?

Will, Thanks! The grasses sneaked in and I haven't had time to dig and pull all of them out. I'll just keep plucking away till they are dead.
Actually, yes, and I have three neighbors who have nice beds too. One yard is quite large. Then you have to go to the other end of town to find a couple more largish beds.
Smiling, the size of a postage stamp can be a garden :o)
Those are a nice size in the pots.
You, how big will your hosta against the fence get?
That's going to be a nice bed!! I'd say the more you get in the ground, the better.
The Cardinal Flower likes shade, but can take sun if it's wet. It would look great against the wall and gets 3' tall if happy.

Time to cut and paste :o)

Our peaches aren't the best, but they have been ripening and falling off the tree. I cleaned and froze twelve quarts. There were quite a few worms to remove because it was too windy to ever spray this spring.

Then I went over and picked two dishpans of Jonathan apples off the neighbor's tree. There were a lot of, too small, apples to pick. I picked tomatoes and came in to make a green tomato pie. Then DD called and needed a sitter, so we had all four :o)

I thought this was an especailly pretty Zinnia. I'm going to try to save seeds and hope it comes back true. I'd love to have a row of them!