Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: September 2011-Hopefully cooler!!, 1 by billyporter

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright billyporter

In reply to: September 2011-Hopefully cooler!!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of September 2011-Hopefully cooler!!
billyporter wrote:
54°/70° Lots of sunshine. Winds W at 15 to 25 mph.

Will, you came at a time when the daughter needed help and you are a nice, good, trustworthy person. She wouldn't have gotten that thru advertising. Plus, you're good company :o)

I look forward to all your Lilies blooming. I hope they do well for you. I've been tempted to give them a try, but I don't mind seeing how others fare.

I love those coupons!!

How big does the Hosta get? Just pull it back from the fence that far so it has a the room it needs to not lay on the fence . Otherwise, I thinks it would look nice. If not, you can still move it while it's small.

ROTFL!! The AC? We've been gathering heat to keep us going for the next few days!!

Pepper, I think you and your Mom win on this one :o) Your Dad gets to rule the yard, you and your Mom get the house :o)

Well, besides that, they did really well and looked very pretty. What else was the space going to be used for?

(Pepper, reruns following so you won't have to read them for the third time, LOL!)

I've been going at it. I got one bed filled in from other beds yesterday and didn't even get a picture yet, LOL! I'm slowly moving daylilies around. Now that's a chunk of dirt! No wonder I had a cramp in each leg last night. Naturally they had to be an hour apart so I had to get up twice, LOL!

I'm real happy with the garage bed tho. It's one of those that just never was quite right. I had tall old fashioned daylilies in it and they ended up in front. I had a mess in the back and, well, it's good to go now!

Then the Rose Bed daylilies got planted farther back. I have two patches of the beautiful blue perennial ageratum that just spread into two large patches. I have no idea where to start putting it. It's just a big blob on both sides. But it is beautiful :o)

I'm putting phlox back in the North Peony Bed and tore out most of the Helianthus. It re-seeds like crazy! That's when I was ruthless :o) They were quite a show, but you can see the bright phlox and I'd like to see that again.

Well, I have a nice chuck roast to get on the fire and peaches to clean the worms out of :o(~

Have a wonderful day everyone!

The old garage bed. I'll take pictures of the new bed later.