Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: September 2011-Hopefully cooler!!, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: September 2011-Hopefully cooler!!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of September 2011-Hopefully cooler!!
shortleaf wrote:
Ok thanks, the bareroot one was the one that didn't have any leaves, it'll be easy to distinguish the 2. They sound nice, I can't wait to see what they look like in bloom! My housemate's Sister is coming for a visit from Virginia in Oct. or Nov., now I can put them out and maybe she won't notice her's are gone! That sounds shady, I'll prolly tell her her's didn't make it, I'll just cover my cheeks in case she swings!

My Coleus is still alive too I'm pretty sure, I might get more cuttings! I'd like a big planter of Coleus and other colorful plants next year!
I got a photo of something I did late today. I made a cover for my new waterpond! It's made out of sheet plastic, it is 10' x 10'. I had 2 long hollow metal bars, that were rusted out, and just sitting around, I wired them together, to make them longer, and put them under the plastic in the middle. I really put some trash to use in that haha! All those black weight plates were in the trash, they are perfect, they don't have hard or sharp edges like rocks or something. And the 2 bars are from that same fitness thing that was destined for the trash and I put them in the middle under the plastic!
Hehe! See all those black plates in that green trailer, thats going to the landfill? I am getting those back out, they are good to hold down plastic sheet or something.
Even those 4 stacked boards over there are relocated tonite, as well as that one thats leaning up on the shed there. That thing fell over a couple nites ago right onto a plant that I had sitting there, a Strawberry Begonia!
It didn't do much damage to the plant, it barely stuck out above the planter but the planter was all broke up. And that unrolled wire mesh that I had sitting around, got tied up tonite with some handy ties I had at the ready!
I'm making a little headway on getting it cleaned up back there.
Will