Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: September 2011-Hopefully cooler!!, 1 by billyporter

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright billyporter

In reply to: September 2011-Hopefully cooler!!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of September 2011-Hopefully cooler!!
billyporter wrote:
41°/63° Sunshine and a few afternoon clouds. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 mph.

Carole, thanks. It takes about 1/3 cup sugar per jar, but it's not much different than frozen concentrate. I've even made grape pie. It's different, but not fantastic.

Pepper, it's amazing how many plants a person can end up with, LOL! I hope you can squeeze them all in somewhere till this weather straightens up!!

I don't think it frosted, but it's cold out there all the same :o(

I'm going to put my North storm window on later. They are picking corn and the air is filthy with gravel dust. Since the wind has been in the N to NE all week, it's been pretty dirty around here.

DH covered the tomatoes with tarp yesterday and I picked 20 before he did.

I managed to move 10 daylilies to the West house wall last night. I was waiting to make sure the Wild Rose didn't come back. That would have been a mess! I can't wait to see how they look next year. The metal roof runs condensation almost every day, so the dirt was wet when I moved them. Luckily a lot of them were small and easier to move. A couple were old timers and I divided them. I'm hoping to never have to move them again, but I'm not putting the pea gravel back around them yet. All are various shades of yellow.