Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: September 2011-Hopefully cooler!!, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: September 2011-Hopefully cooler!!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of September 2011-Hopefully cooler!!
shortleaf wrote:
Yeow happ! That will be a neat potting bench when you're done! Wow, a sink on it, that will be nice. And sifting the dirt, that is also a good thing to have, it could get rocks out and big clods of dirt.
And that glass woo wee! You want it nice! Hey, if Martha Stewart can have a nice potting bench so can everyone else!! Me in a potting bench? I'd like at least a garden hose, but you got that well covered with a sink.
A vise on mine for making outdoor woodwork would be sweet. I don't have a potting bench right now, I better work on having pants first! lol
I like birder's bench also - http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=8777095

And speaking of porcelain, thats what you're Brugs look like! They are beautiful happ! Now, I want that but I don't know if I can find a place to overwinter it.

Here is a wider shot of the front porch. Thats the dark red planter of Mums over on the far right. That stack of green suet cages is all ready! Thats my Asparagas Fern and my Spider plant in the photo to the left, they're just there temporarily for now, I'll bring them in in a day or so. Right now, its so warm, but starting tomorrow nite in KCMO it's going down there at nite they say, (44°). - http://www.weather.com/weather/today/64054:4:US
I brought my Weeping Fig in last nite, but I didn't need to, and I hear a cat was laying in it! I can't have that because then they start going to the bathroom in it. I tried to keep my mug out of the reflection in the photo.
How about my string holding that chair, well, it keeps it from blowing away! And that rectangular planter is about to get moved. The Coleus and the Sweet Potato Vine are still looking good though. Some of the other stuff is all flopped over and they look dastardly. But, I saw some of the mints in it that are hardy, (like the Grapefruit Mint and the Banana Mint, both zone 4 and -30° the labels say). So, I'll just set aside the whole thing and let Mother Nature do her thing on them.

Altho, I'd like to start cuttings from the Coleus first before I leave the rectangular planter out for the elements. Does anyone know if the Sweet Potato Vine can be done that way also, or is it done for the year?
That empty looking blue pot has sand and cigarette butts in it, I don't smoke, but some other aides do. I see I need to repair some non-skid tape, and that stuff was so expensive, $19.99 for a 20' roll.
And that bucket of Euonymus 'Emerald and Gold' I think is what it's called, is going to be on display, it's a Winter stalwart.
Will

This message was edited Sep 13, 2011 4:29 PM