Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: September 2011-Hopefully cooler!!, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: September 2011-Hopefully cooler!!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of September 2011-Hopefully cooler!!
shortleaf wrote:
I set that big Weeping Fig on the porch, I'm bringing it and a couple others in tonite. I better not gamble with some of my pretty houseplants so long! In the reading that I've been doing on the Fig, they say minimum 60° F, I thought closer to 40°! It gets under 60° every nite! I hope it grows slow too! I've already cut the top off once because I think the low light in the Winter weakens it pretty bad and it droops over like it's rubber!

Really, a lot has changed ya think?! Well, I'll take a lot! But, it needs a bunch of attention still.

Here is one of my 2 Mums, it's white. I have a better photo, but it was getting dark tonite but now both my Mums are on display but they're not open yet. The other Mum is dark red.

Oh, this is the time to shop Lowes and maybe The Home Depot for Fall specials, (prolly all stores and nurseries). Last Fall, I bought three trees and several plants at half price because it was clearance for the year. The trouble with that is, don't expect a great big selection! But, I've never found the pickings to be terrible even then.

A friend says Mums like Home Depot and Lowes in Spring aren't hardy but in the Fall they are hardier but still not hardy enuff to last all Winter.
I saw that Pier One imports has a huge selection of cushions but not necessarily cheap. We had a $100 gift certificate to there last year and we were checking out cushions but we got $40 ea. ceramic fish instead!
Oh, she is a card alright, last nite she had Lemonade at 4 in the morning!

Cool, thanks Pepper, I'm looking forward to it, I'll water it good! It sounds like you've been busy! Oh, the joys of childhood!
Will