Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: September 2011-Hopefully cooler!!, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: September 2011-Hopefully cooler!!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of September 2011-Hopefully cooler!!
shortleaf wrote:
Well, a little bit has changed back in the backyard, not a terrible lot so far. But, in the next month or 2, before the weather turns nasty, I have plans to do a whole lot. The biggest so far, that we rolled that car into the garage and the Peach tree is a little taller. My green trailer is visible in the second photo, in both it's full of trash. In the first photo, it is blocked by the car but you can see how tall the trash is stacked in it still.
I put these 2 photos together, it's only less than 6 months difference. I'm kinda turning the corner on cleaning up and organizing the outside now! Now, I'll get hit by a bus!

Haha! I hope I do earn my keep! The yard is coming along, I'll be excited to post a photo hopefully by Fall's end of the fantastic yard.

We don't think it was blood that the elderly lady threw up, maybe just some brownish stomach contents. They said at the hospital it was a bladder infection after running tests. She must be feeling better she is eating and drinking, everything is as normal as normal can be. I just got back from McDonalds to get her a cheeseburger a few minutes ago. She does cuss me at times! I'll never forget when she told me, "the Sheriff is coming to get you, you sob!"! Oh, and the time she told me, "I'm sorry Will, but I'm going to have to have you arrested for this blank!"! For anyone that might not know, she has been very imaginative at times! She has had make believe going alot. We know she doesn't feel well, we don't laugh or give her any grief, she is still the queen.
Last nite she says, "I'm gonna throw up", we were both in there, her daughter says "Mom, please don't throw up", she never threw up, I think she likes saying she's gonna throw up now! Last nite she says there's a stob in her neck and she can't put her head on the pillow!

Would love to see more pics of you're brugs happ, they are beautiful.

Haha! My sleeves were all muddy from the ordeal with that big pot! At one point, the pot rolls into the hole and I'm thinking "well, isn't that just great!" Unfortunately, the tree had to come out of the pot first!
It took me about 10 minutes to get the pot out of the hole, then I still had to get the tree out of the pot!

A nice screen that Bamboo would make indeed! I've been trying to think of a way to get it here without cutting it.

I potted up my 2 Mums. The blooms were still closed, so in a day or 2 they'll be on display for all to see!
Nice Caryopteris billyp. I almost bought one yesterday at The Home Depot but I know so little about them.
Will

This message was edited Sep 11, 2011 8:11 PM