Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: September 2011-Hopefully cooler!!, 1 by billyporter

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright billyporter

In reply to: September 2011-Hopefully cooler!!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of September 2011-Hopefully cooler!!
billyporter wrote:
Happ, thanks. I don't think it's too late to plant anything. At least up to November, the plants will contimue making roots if the top growth stops. I'm moving phlox, iris and all kinds of things now. The other day I just moved a 6' tall lavender hyssop. The bumble bees didn't miss a beat and it didn't even wilt. I've never seen it get so big. I'll have to get a picture. It's the second large one I moved.

The rose is beautiful anyway and I love the planting of the succulents!

Brugs are sooo pretty!

Will, did they find what was wrong with her? Vomiting bloody looking stuff can't be too good. It sounds like an ulcer. Maybe you worry her? LOL! (Since we know she cusses you out.)

Cracking myself up with images of you ''wrestling'' the tree. I have a pretty ''cartoon'' based mind sometimes :o) Actually that is a huge accomplishment just to get it out. If it's not all the way in the ground, and just mounded, throw mulch on it so rain or the hose won't expost the roots.
I like the branches!

Wow, 20' tall bamboo. That would make a nice living screen!

I've seen witch hazel taller than wide. I'll bet you could trim each Fall to get the branching the way you would like them. tall would be fine unless it's under a highline.

I know, those brugs just sell themselves don't they?

Pepper. mow those suckers off :o)

I love the twisted gnarly trees. I lost leaves off my Harry Lauder this summer and hope it's not dying. We did water it before the drought and it's pretty old. It should be established.

Will, it's a most beautiful tree! If I got one, it would just about be the one!

Happ, laughing. Trim and mow the suckers before he has a chance to see the problems :o)

I like the planter too, and being from your Mom makes it better.

Will, ROTFL! Don't worry, you do earn your keep! Plus, how pretty is the back yard getting?

No shame in the little. Besides you do a good job of keeping them alive.

A lot of people grab the mums just to have Fall color.

Cool! The Luna will really take off next year!

Another busy day outside. I'm finally digging into the little iris and moving them around to different places. I took a lot of heliopsis out that just went all over, and am replacing it with phlox seedlings since I love each one. No rain so no more mowing right now. It feels good to get it all done.

"Black Knight" caryopteris. I just love the deep blue and the bumblebees are all over it!