Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening: Parsleys for BST Cats....questions. Part II, 1 by AmandaEsq

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright AmandaEsq

In reply to: Parsleys for BST Cats....questions. Part II

Forum: Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Parsleys for BST Cats....questions. Part II
AmandaEsq wrote:
Crazy, how exciting it is to find that a plant you've babied since spring has holes all over it. :D

I'll get a snap in the morning. The plant is between 3' and 4' tall. I can't remember how many cats - are these something I should bring in? They are competing with the ants on the shrub. With all the other bugs in the house I might be content to let them be...

INSIDE tonight on a planter full of succulents I brought in last week I found what appeared to be a yellow striped armyworm! Blah. I did not take him and put him on my tomato plants, but I did take the planter back outside. Live and let live, you know?

So far I have 12 BST cocoons. I gave a neighbor a cat to watch with her family. There are 5 more still active here. There are 3 more BST in 1st or 2nd instar out there on my parsley. Brought the first monarch cat in today. Very tiny. I am concerned about the condition of my A. incarnata - very bad - and the number of aphids far outweigh any cats. I suppose that monarchs have been dealing with aphids on MW from the beginning of time.... I have to quit worrying.

Sleep tight everyone. :)

A.