Photo by Melody

Specialty Gardening: Colors are nice....but ahhhhhh show me your whites, 1 by Chantell

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Chantell

In reply to: Colors are nice....but ahhhhhh show me your whites

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Colors are nice....but ahhhhhh show me your whites
Chantell wrote:
Most of my pretties are in pots, Dabney - comes with the territory of loving my tropicals. PB shrub is in the ground and I will have plenty of cuttings for you all come early spring (might even have a sucker or two already rooted) - just pop me off an email or message me on FB. I'm not always great at checking in on DG. What else is IN the ground...hmmm....the passifloras of course...confederate jasmine - shooting star gardenia (pic attached) - also Chuck Hayes and Frost Proof Gardenia...there's a jasmine growing in my dwarf magnolia (I'd have to check my journal - I believe it's Stephens Jasmine - didn't get enough sun to bloom though)...those Crinum blooms are my first and I think I've had the plant in the ground 3 years now (Kristi?). I had purchased some from Brents and Beckys that were supposedly hardy but they didn't come back up this year - very disappointed. My confederate jasmine is in my south facing front yard - originally she was planted in front of a very tall shrub - but now she's slightly under that bush since it's grown in the last 5 years...LOL. As for the moonflower enlightenment - I'm putting that knowledge to use next year for sure. I'll have seeds for both the DATURA INOXIA 'VARIEGATA' and DATURA WRIGHTII as they both have their spikey pods growing now. As for the tuberoses (whew I'm long winded tonight) - sadly I'm still not seeing a stalk in either of my pots...hmph...lots of leaves but nadda a stalk...sad, sad, sad!!

This message was edited Sep 7, 2011 11:46 PM