Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: September 2011-Hopefully cooler!!, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: September 2011-Hopefully cooler!!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of September 2011-Hopefully cooler!!
shortleaf wrote:
Thanks billyp and happ, I hope that area turns out how I plan. I want black mulch too, my friend prefers cocoa mulch because it smells like chocolate when it's wet she says, but I'm gonna campaign for black mulch!
Hehe! Thanks for the kudos on working people billyp, but I'm currently redefining "under-employed" at 7 hours a week myself! I'm grateful for what I have, believe you me! I have time to do stuff outside, now the motivation to do it isn't always in big supply! I pretty much choose to be under-employed, I like to be available here to help my friend take care of her elderly Mother here at home. Like today for example, I assisted in helping get the elderly lady to the hospital by way of ambulance, where she was diagnosed as having a bad bladder infection, she's back now, they are confident in getting it cleared up.

I did get all my houseplants and other tender houligans in one spot, they are all ready to be brought in, in less than a month or so. The Banana and those other plants by there in the old Grape flats were just in the photo, they are hardy tho. I intend to get the Banana, and those other plants from Pepper planted before the ground freezes. I like to get the non-hardies all together first, so I have less chance of forgetting any when the time comes.

Happ, just curious, what kind of succulent expired on you? It wasn't an Aloe Vera was it? Mine is still plugging along I think. If yours was an Aloe Vera that died then myself would count myself lucky! I also had an Asparagas Fern, a Sago Palm, a variegated Ficus, a variegated Spider Plant and a Snakeplant that were outside night before last, oh the risks I take! Altho, I'm quite a gambler, I'll wait until it gets down to 40 degrees or so before I take action with the non-hardy plants.

I sometimes come up with a use for some of the stuff I kick around. But, I never woulda guessed I'd find a use for lava rocks! They would look so good with black mulch, I must have black mulch I say! I'll tell her it's for my next birthday or something!

You're house looks kinda aged up there billyp, by chance is it a historical house? I want an old house when I get a house! That would be so cool to have a one hundred year old house or even older. Altho, I hear the restoration and upkeep can be WAY up there on an old home. A Victorian house or a pre Civil-War house would be just outstanding! Altho, I think a Victorian house or an antebellum one would financially be a challenge for me, altho, I can dream!
Will

This message was edited Sep 7, 2011 11:40 PM