Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: September 2011-Hopefully cooler!!, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: September 2011-Hopefully cooler!!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of September 2011-Hopefully cooler!!
shortleaf wrote:
Hehe.. No, they hadn't burnt up, they were fine, still soaked in water. It looked like 2 were Papyrus and the other one I'm not sure, maybe a Rush or Bamboo of some kind? Are they hardy? I know you said the Papyrus wasn't. I can bring it in, no problem. I just told my housemate about the new additions, she was thrilled, I showed her the photo on the computer. I saw some Papyrus at Heartland Nursery a couple of weeks ago and they were like 6 feet tall! I was thinking, "they just look expensive", they were beautiful! We both thank you! They are the 2 closest pots in the photo, behind them is the Water Iris you gave me, it is thriving. About a month ago, I put one of the Water Irises in the water and left the other one on the ground and it wasn't doing nearly as well as the one in the water, so yesterday I put it in the water too.

I saw a Mole yesterday. I was working on the West side of the house, where my planned tropical spot is going to be and there it was under a trash can that I moved during the project. It quickly burrowed under the ground when I exposed it. I knew there was one there somewhere because I saw the loose dirt piles nearby. I hope it isn't a Vole and eating up my plants! Its kinda funny that's it's in there because it is pavement all around.

I ate one of my new Lowes Peaches today and boy was it ever tasty! It couldn't have been any better from the store, altho, at the store they're a little bigger. I found out those black spots on the Peaches are on the surface, I cut them off with a knife. Next year tho, I still want to spray the tree with some kind of fruit spray.
Will

This message was edited Sep 2, 2011 8:08 PM