Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: September 2011-Hopefully cooler!!, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: September 2011-Hopefully cooler!!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of September 2011-Hopefully cooler!!
shortleaf wrote:
Dang, I can't remember when it's been 100° in Sept. before, tomorrow they are forecasting 103°!

SantaCaliGon? Not me. All the people one ever knew goes to that. I don't really want to run into people that I used to know!
Actually, SantaCaliGon is a neat event for no admission. They say some 300,000 people go to that over the weekend.

Anybody want to see my new bird bath? It's not set up yet, it's too big for one person, without marring it all up, trying to do it myself anyway. Not to mention I don't want to blow out my back or get a hernia! I'll wait for the right time to ask my neighbor to help, it'd be a simple task for 2 people.

You got the GT Worx, Crit? Somebody is a tv shopper! I want that too, it looks so cool and does so much stuff! I have a weed trimmer similar to that, but it's a Black and Decker model. It only has a 10"
swath, I wanted the cordless one with a 12" swath, but when I got to Home Depot, that one was sold out. The 10" works good, I just have to go slow.

You know Crit, now you need ANOTHER opinion on the 50% chance that you were given, how can a doctor know that? I remember back in 08', I had several fingers that had numb areas. I never knew why, I just guessed that it was from this new, strenuous manual labor that I just started doing at the time, but I didn't have insurance, so I just waited it out and it went away after a couple of months. But, an injury like your's might be different.

That's a good Hosta bloom, Pepper. I like a good Hosta flower too. I think it means the Hosta is okay with where it's at myself.
Will