Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: Aug. 2011 dry and hot, like July still!, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: Aug. 2011 dry and hot, like July still!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Aug. 2011 dry and hot, like July still!
shortleaf wrote:
I have a cousin named Corey. Maybe you were talking to someone else, or it might be a simple misunderstanding, I'm Will if you meant me.
If you were talking to me, I'd be glad to do that if Corey don't come thru with them! : ) I've been around the ROS base quite a bit during painting,
and well, just skulking around, I didn't see any seedlings. I bet you meant someone else,
you're talking about a seed stash with Moonflower seeds in it maybe. Since it would be going from my zone (5b) to your's (7a) there might not be much of a problem. If you were talking to me, just dmail me you're address and I can send you some cuttings.

I got out there a while ago and got some photos, I didn't see any seedlings at it's base. I hate to remove such an old, big pretty Rose-of-Sharon
but it's entirely in the wrong place but it's about 20 feet tall. You also get poked when you have to walk around the corner. Would it look okay you think if I just pruned
it hard, I mean way down, around only 4 feet tall? All that green at it's base is that nasty Bush Honeysuckle. We had it all over for many years
because the residents here thought it was so pretty. It was all ripped out about 4 years ago, but little ones pop up everywhere. It'd be easy to
tell the difference between them, underneath the ROS, because the leaves are quite a bit different. Is it just me, or is DG not working today?
It'll prolly be fixed when I post this, I wrote it the day I couldn't get on DG, all this is pasted, I saved this in Notepad. Other websites seem to open.
Will

This message was edited Aug 16, 2011 6:56 PM