Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: Aug. 2011 dry and hot, like July still!, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: Aug. 2011 dry and hot, like July still!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Aug. 2011 dry and hot, like July still!
shortleaf wrote:
I looked up the definition of a Pansy yesterday to check out the flower, I didn't know it was slang for a quite derogatory saying. I didn't mean anything nasty, and I'm sorry for putting that out there. If I just edited it out up there, it still wouldn't look right to anybody that might have already read it.

Wow Crit, you're the only other person besides myself that says water weighs 8 lbs. a gallon! I'm saying "do I have to carry this grocery sack, it weighs 28 lbs.!". But, I hope those water bottles hold, I'll have to wait and see! They better hold, I've already taken 100,000 orders for my swing waterer!

I'll see about trimming that Rose-of-Sharon way down, maybe that'll do it. Haha.. I'd give you this one Crit, if I could dig it up and if it were mine!

Oh, there is 4 lava rocks here leftover from 70's landscaping and 2 bags of seashells. A friend went to a VA. beach a few years ago and got the 2 bags of them in 2002, her a bag and me a bag. I've been kicking them around ever since, I can't believe I might actually now have a use for the sentimental seashells!

Well, I'll be another year older Wednesday! Boy, how time flies!

Hi Rusty, nice to see you! You still have subscription, but you don't have a computer? I see, please do come and say hi sometimes when you can, I hope you're lung and tailbone heal up.
I'm no stranger to using a library computer either. I used one so much in 2008, looking for a job, I had the 14 digit library card memorized! I lost my card one time and they didn't believe I had it memorized!

Anybody want to see the Tropicanna closer up? It's in the photo below.
Will