Photo by Melody

Mid-South Gardening: It's August!! Is summer over yet?, 1 by marsue

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright marsue

In reply to: It's August!! Is summer over yet?

Forum: Mid-South Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of It's August!!  Is summer over yet?
marsue wrote:
Cindy, I will certainly be keeping you in my prayers, dear lady! Hugs to you!

Charlotte, once again you have entertained Jake royally while he is visiting you. I think it is wonderful the way the Jake and the twin grandsons love to come and visit you. You really do need to take them to see the Ozark Medieval Castle on their next trip. I would love to have a start of your BF bush! Thanks!

Kathy Ann, I hated to go off and leave my milkweed so I would really like to have some seed. Thanks! By the way, the sedum you gave me (all three varieties) are getting ready to bloom. :o)

I went out yesterday afternoon and took pictures of the sun in the back yard--starting about 1 p.m. and continued every so often until about 8 p.m. I did this so I would have a record of which parts of the new flower bed area receive sun all afternoon. Most of it will have all the afternoon sun so I can plant lots of sun perennials for attracting butterflies and hummingbirds! Hooray!
Plus, I already have the shade bed along the back deck where I have placed the hostas and ferns and other shade plants you all have already given me. It's the best of both worlds, from a gardening standpoint! :o)) Now I am eager to start spreading dirt and manure but I will wait until later, perhaps in late September, before I begin that project.

I need some ideas for a border material to keep the dirt inside the new flower bed. I will have about 100 feet or more so it needs to be fairly inexpensive. Any suggestions?