Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: Aug. 2011 dry and hot, like July still!, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: Aug. 2011 dry and hot, like July still!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Aug. 2011 dry and hot, like July still!
shortleaf wrote:
Hi billyp! Yes, it HAS been awhile! I wrote you a dmail Aug. 5th that said, "Hi Sally", you never replied, but I saw you in another longtime thread of your's so I knew you was alright.
I just figgered either you loathed me and had enuff of my kind, or you just let my dmail slip by!

The Ligularias never wilted for me, billyp, (maybe they knew I'd panic!). One doesn't seem to grow as fast as the other one, but it hasn't wilted yet.

Oh, I wish I had a dollar for every time I got to my storage locker over the years and then realized I didn't have the key with me!

I found a use for an unused glider-bench frame, (the bench rotted and not replacing it), I'm going to hang 2 water bottles from it! I drilled holes all in it so it can water plants underneath it!
I just have to place the whole thing where I want it, I have a photo of the monstrosity below. -You know, I had to have my waterpond in the background..haha! That Tropicanna from Pepper only has one sprout now, unfortunately, we had some very strong wind the other day and one sprout got blown completely off. It's still very pretty, the one sprout that was left was bent way over but I straightened it back up, I'll be protecting it from storms from now on when I can.

Thanks billyp, that Rose seems to be thriving there by the arbor! Those Cleomes are really blooming, I'll have to get a pic of them later, they are blooming like there's no tomorrow!

I only fill my wheelbarrow about half full of whatever, I might look like a Pansy, (no offense to the flower, I have Pansies, it's just a saying!), but that's alright, I want a good back!
My wheelbarrow is pretty big, it says 6 cubic feet. If I filled it all the way up it would either fall over or I couldn't get far, and I've done both! Hehe.. better safe than sorry!

Haha! Billyp, that commercial is such a hoot! As a glasses wearer, I probably paid more attention to the commercial. I think I even got glasses from that place like 20 years ago! I liked seeing how much it costs now compared to 20 years ago. Actually, it seems to be the same price as then oddly enuff. In this economy alot of stuff is very reasonably priced. I don't think prices would be so good (in California for ex.), on alot of stuff!

Congrats on the new driveway billyp, it sounds really nice.
Thanks for the compliments on my water trickle and the solar bird billyp.

Oh dear, mosquitoes hatched out!? I hope my housemate doesn't read that, she'll come at me like a herd of housecats!

I hope you're back gets to feeling better, birder. I don't know anything about reseeding grass, altho, I have heard to seed grass in the Fall. Can anybody else agree with that, I'd hate to be wrong, but I've been wrong before! : )
Will