Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 92, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 92

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 92
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone.
We are all set for more rain for a few days. The ground is so saturated now, it is squeezing up and running out over every little bump in the ground. My old drain that runs out int he paddock from the laundry and kitchen has not run for a long time due to the very dry ground sucking up any moisture it could get. Now , its running out again. The plants out there will get a shock, seeing the extra water again after a few years.
I did go outside yesterday just to look around. Too wet to do anything else.
My cymbid flowers are nearly open.
The brugs are climbing to the sky and bulbs are everywhere. I found a pot of scilla that I had totally forgotten. Hope it flowers.
Lots of buds coming on the epis too.

Hello Dianne. Thanks for opening the doors . I dont bother getting up until 7am at the moment. I have always been an early riser, but what do I do at that time when its only just getting light ?
I'll be earlier as the sun rises earlier.

Hello Charleen. I do like your little dog sculpture. Very like the subject.

Hello Elaine. It does sound sensible to stay where you are happy and settled with your garden.. Pity about the large tree though.
I think councils should assist with large tree removals when they are dangerous. It is usually way too expensive for people to have a tree lopper in .

Hello Chrissy, Marlene and Pam.
Yes census done . I have no idea why people are so uptight about the questions. Nothing in there that isnt already known by many agencies.

Hello Louise. I hope the weather is behaving for all your visitors. Pats for the girls.

Hello Anthony, Karen and Colleen. Colleen, lots of shoots on the little cacti. They should enjoy a bit of sun when we eventually see it.

I make no comment on the problems across the sea except to say , I am sometimes ashamed to be human. It all seems to be totally orchestrated by those with agendas .

Have a happy day everyone and stay safe.
I will leave this German Chocolate Cake for you all to enjoy with a cuppa.
Jean.