Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: Aug. 2011 dry and hot, like July still!, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: Aug. 2011 dry and hot, like July still!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Aug. 2011 dry and hot, like July still!
shortleaf wrote:
If you can't catch the mole(s), they make great dirt for plants happ!

Boy, those 2 Ligularias 'Midnight lady' are neat plants, I didn't even know about Ligularias. They are going to make a fine addition to the shade garden I plan. I have a photo of one of them that I got from Pepper, the 2 are doing good, they will be good with the Hostas, Ferns, and Coral Bells in that spot. That Hosta is that scorched Sum And Substance I was telling about, it is recovering in full shade, I cut some of the leaves with scissors, they were toasted. The Ligularias seem to love full shade!

I may have talked big before about a "tropical spot" I plan, but I noticed recently that that spot gets NO sun, it is gonna become a shade garden and the tropical spot I plan has been moved to the side of the house.

I went to Heartland Nursery today and got 2 more Banana 'Basjoo's in they're 50% off sale, I got the 2 for $14 even. I thought that spot got some sun in the Summer, not NO sun, so the plan has changed..lol!

That looks like a Miniature Pinscher, Crit, neat dogs, my Dad and Stepmom used to show them in dogshows.

You caught another coon, birder?! Just don't sleep with them like the lady in the tv commercial for glasses, she thinks it's her cat!

They say on the weather this will be an unusually cool week, lows in the 60's, one low even of 61°, that could change tho!