Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: Aug. 2011 dry and hot, like July still!, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: Aug. 2011 dry and hot, like July still!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Aug. 2011 dry and hot, like July still!
shortleaf wrote:
Well, I hate to boast when some places are so hot and dry but we are getting a big downpour right now. I was outside watering earlier and I got the front yard watered then came in for a little while, then went out to water the backyard and it was real cloudy! I thought, "oh, it won't rain". So, about a fourth of the way thru watering, here comes the wind, then the rain. The poor neighbor next door got a big limb fall on they're new car. The neighbor on the other side came home on his Harley in the storm. I was outside under the porch when the branch fell on the neighbor's car and then the guy came home in the rain, I am traumatized! I got a photo of when it was just raining, not the blowing torrential downpour that it was.

Glad to hear that Rose is tuff, happ, I hope it stays tuff! I saw the little metal tag thats wired to it from JacksonPerkins, do you know what the name is?
Oh, that Rose has been watered real good! Even today, it is getting soaked from rain.

My friend has had a lot of cats too, she has I think 7 cats in containers from cremation, there is 7 here now. They are like companions here, the disabled lady has 2 in her room, she calls them kids or babies.
Will

This message was edited Aug 7, 2011 7:04 PM