Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: Aug. 2011 dry and hot, like July still!, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: Aug. 2011 dry and hot, like July still!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Aug. 2011 dry and hot, like July still!
shortleaf wrote:
I haven't seen any crud in the pump, but it's prolly full of it in there, I'm gonna find out.
Happ, I have a place underneath an arbor here, but I tried digging a hole for it a couple of days ago, and the shovel sparked!!
Thats just a funny, but the ground is as hard as a rock!! I'm hoping for rain soon and I'll go ahead and dig that hole, otherwise I'll have to find a way to deeply soak it with water.
But I might leave that Cleome, it seems kinda nice. Thanks happ, that pond is coming along, I find something to do on it every day it seems. Here is a photo of it from yesterday. I think I just took out some patio blocks out from underneath some rocks yesterday. Boy, I hope it rains soon!! Like my concrete frog?! It's banged up, I used to use it to weigh down stuff in the bed of my former pickup and to chock the tires, mostly. When it wasn't in use, (most of the time) it was sliding around the bed getting banged up!!
Will

This message was edited Aug 4, 2011 11:42 AM