Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for novices and addicts, August 2011, 1 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and addicts, August 2011

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and addicts, August 2011
weed_woman wrote:
Well done Tash! The pic is great! I'm glad I can count on you to get in and have a go!
Jen, your 'Cherry delight' is gorgeous!
Nev, I loved the Aechmea weilbachii pic on the previous thread. Thanks for keeping us up on all the info you glean from other places, that we might otherwise not learn.
Karen, nice piccies too. i love A. 'Red Ribbons'. I have mine in a cone shaped wall basket and the flower hangs down over the side. I didn't think of climbing it up a tree. Your minis are looking colourful too.
I have Quesnelia 'Farro' (a variegated Q. testudo) which has yet to flower (has anyone seen one flower?) and Q. marmorata, Q. 'Curly Tops' and Q. 'Tim Plowman'. I have Q. liboniana, but I threw most of them out as the foliage is always a bit tatty. I'd like to get Q. indecora, as I like its delicate pink flowers, Q. sedeliana with its blue flowers and Q.edmundoi with its yellow flowerhead! Guess I'll put them on the wish list!
Heres a pic of a flowering Q. marmorata, and you can see some tatty Q. liboniana leaves in the background
Sue