Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: August...the start of Spring...., 1 by cestrum_SEQ

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright cestrum_SEQ

In reply to: August...the start of Spring....

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of August...the start of Spring....
cestrum_SEQ wrote:
It certainly feels like spring here, at least during the day: around 25 degree maximums for the next week! The mulberry tree is bursting into bud too. Frost is still a possibility until 1 Sept, the latest date for frost remembered here. (And apparently it gave everyone a shock.) Still, I wonder if August--the 2nd half certainly--shouldn't be considered the start of spring here ...

Here's a Buddleja Spring Promise cutting in flower already. It flowers in the first year of being struck, so anyone who managed to strike cuttings from those I posted out should also have flowers. I now have it growing on both the east and west sides of the back garden, so that heavenly freesia fragrance wafts from one side of the garden to the other. There's no other buddeja that comes close to this one so far as perfume is concerned.

This message was edited Aug 2, 2011 2:45 PM